Our senior citizens deserve to be treated with kindness, dignity, and respect.
Nursing homes are supposed to provide a safe haven for our aging parents and elderly relatives, providing them with health care management and onsite nurses and doctors to provide needed attention and personal care.
Despite strict state and federal guidelines that nursing home facilities are required to follow, our senior citizens are still among the most vulnerable people. Thousands of senior citizens each year suffer abuse, neglect, and exploitation in nursing homes and elder care facilities. Such nursing home abuse, or elder abuse, is commonly used to refer to the following:
- Bed sores and skin ulcers
- Physical abuse
- Physical injuries or pain caused from broken bones
- Sexual abuse which is non-consensual sexual contact of any kind
- Psychological or emotional anguish, intimidation or threats
- Exploitation of resources of an elderly individual for another’s financial gain
- Caretaker neglect such as failure to provide food, goods, or services
- Wrongful death caused by mistreatment
If you believe someone has suffered from neglect or abuse in a nursing home care facility, please contact the Tapella & Eberspacher Law Firm. We can investigate to determine if state and federal standards of care are being met, and help you protect your family and loved ones from harm. Call us toll free at 855-522-5291 or contact us online by completing the form on this page. We handle cases throughout Missouri and Illinois. We offer a free consultation and evaluation. If we take your case, there are no attorney fees unless you receive compensation.