With over 100 years of collective knowledge and experience and a complete commitment to securing real, life-changing results across our practice areas, we at The Tapella & Eberspacher Law Firm are a firm you can trust to provide quality representation after a serious accident or injury.
Since 1996, we have fought for the injured and for families who have lost loved ones as a result of negligence and wrongdoing. From cases involving car accidents to complex birth injuries, our personal injury attorneys have spared no effort in seeing justice served. This has led to millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients across Illinois and St. Louis.
Serving clients across Central and Southern Illinois and St. Louis, Missouri, we handle the complete range of injury-related litigation. Inside and outside the civil courtroom, we represent clients in matters involving traffic accidents, product liability, workers’ compensation, premises liability, medical malpractice, dangerous drugs and medical devices, and wrongful death. We handle these cases on a contingency basis, which means you pay no legal fees unless we secure compensation on your behalf. We also offer a free initial consultation to help you better understand your rights and options.
We’ll continue to fight no matter where it takes us. When a case becomes difficult or hits snags, we won’t give up or push it toward the back of the pile. We press on, pursuing the best possible result.
- We go the extra mile to make you feel well-informed and secure.
- We genuinely care about how you feel about the outcome of your case.
- We actively listen to discover what is important, and we set realistic but justifiable expectations.
- We educate you about every aspect of your case, including the claims process, your legal options, what to expect, and how to build a successful strategy.
- We strive to give you the personal attention you need throughout your case. You’re not just a case number to us. As a client, you’re part of our firm’s family.
- Dependability is important to us. We take the time and effort to get to know you and your family in order to get a better understanding of your wants and needs, and we maintain open lines of communication, so you always know where your case stands.
Car Accident $16,550,000 Settlement
Settlement for a family of
four involved in a single car wreck
in a highway construction
Wrongful Death $5,900,000 Verdict
Verdict for the wrongful death of a woman as a result of the negligent failure of a pathologist to diagnose histoplasmosis.
Hospital Negligence $5,400,000 Settlement
Settlement involving the failure of doctors at an east-central Illinois hospital to diagnose and treat a brain abscess.
Medical Malpractice $4,000,000 Settlement
Settlement for a medical malpractice claim in downstate Illinois.
Tractor Injury and Death $2,400,000 Settlement
Settlement for an Illinois tractor injury resulting in death.
Medical Malpractice $2,100,000 Settlement
Settlement for North Central Illinois medical malpractice case.
Truck Accident Resulting in Eye Injuries $2,000,000 Settlement
Settlement of an accident involving a delivery truck with a pickup truck.
Negligent Care $1,750,000 Verdict
Verdict for a case involving negligent podiatric care provided to the manager of a fast food restaurant.
Product Liability $1,750,000 Settlement
Settlement for a man who lost both legs in a baler that had been improperly modified.
Hospital Negligence $1,245,000 Settlement
Settlement for the failure by emergency room doctors to diagnose occluded carotid arteries and the stroke suffered by the patient as a result.
“I highly recommend Bill Tapella to anyone in need of an honest hardworking attorney that can get the job done and find your closure.”- Betty “Jane” B.
“Knowledgeable, Friendly & Personable”- Shelli W.
“I could not have asked for a better experience”- Shelly