As a mom of three, Erika spends a lot of time on the road for academic and extracurricular activities.
Her children are the absolute most important thing in her life. Every minute on the road to support them is worth it to her, and she would not trade the smiles, cheers, celebrations, any of those moments, even disappointments, for anything in the world.
- Lake Land College
- Bachelors: EIU, Kinesiology and Sports Studies
- Masters - EIU, College Student Affairs
- JD - Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Illinois Bar Association
- Coles-Cumberland Association
- Women's Bar Association of Illinois
- Cook County Bar Association
- Black Women Lawyers Association
- Post-graduate legal fellow with Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation (divorces, child support, orders of protection)
- Judicial intern Champaign County Circuit Court – two summers
- Judicial Extern Northern District of Illinois US District Courts
- Coles County States Attorney 711 intern (tried traffic cases, bench trials, county and city matters, mental health hearings)
- Adjunct law professor at Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Lake Land College.
- Adjunct Academic Counselor at Lake Land College
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) - Board Member
- Mattoon Community Unit School District #2 Board of Education